Screenings of the selected films. 3 documentaries and 3 fictions. It’s up to you to vote to determine the winner!
- Presentation of the project Moussa: Ocean will carry us, film in progress, shot in Bangladesh and based on Moussa Ibn Yacoub, unjustly incarcerated in the prison of Cox’s Bazar. A film that questions exile and attempts to open access to the voice of the Rohingya.
- Alexandre Dupretz, film specialist, will give an intervention entitled Why film the other accompanied by a reflexive short film on the concept of image: Far from the Land of the Upstanding Men.
- Gibran Hasnaoui, who founded the Mokhtar Film Festival in 2013 (when he interrupted his Muslim World Tour), went back to meeting Muslim communities in different countries. This time, he is coming back from South Africa, with images and stories that he will present exclusively to the public.
- Remise des prix !
- Announcement of the new Mokhtar theme, for the next edition.
- European exclusivity: the preview of the documentary Your Last Walk in the Mosque, directed by Abderrahmane Hedjoudje and Ubaydah Abu-Usayd.